- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context requires otherwise, the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
means any day (other than a Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday in Kuala Lumpur) on which banks are open for general business in Kuala Lumpur;
means all information (not available to the public) in whatever form, including but not limited to visual, oral or electronic form, relating to MM, the MMT Platform and/or the Users of the MMT Platform, which is obtained, provided or disclosed through MM, these Terms and Conditions and/or the MMT Platform to the Users;
means all contents available on the MMT Platform, whether created by MM and/or the User, including organisation, layouts, user interface, texts, documents, databases, graphics, designs, compilations, photographs, pictures, drawings, videos, sound recordings and other materials;
means the act of performing a video call via the MMT Platform at a predetermined time with the purpose of obtaining more in depth knowledge regarding the user;
means the exchange rate for the respective currencies against the MYR, as determined by MM and made available on the MMT Platform;
means patents, trademarks and service marks, rights in designs, trade or business names and copyrights (whether or not any of these is registered and including pending applications for registration of any such thing) and rights under licences and consents in relation to any such thing and all rights or forms of protection of a similar nature or having equivalent or similar effect to any of these which may subsist anywhere in the world;
means the matching of a User with a desire to route a desired currency with the same User or another User with a corresponding desire on the MMT Platform;
Means MoneyMatch Sdn Bhd (Company No. 1133611-P), a company incorporated in Malaysia under the Companies Act 1965 and having its office address at Unit 1302, Level 13, Uptown 1, Damansara Uptown, 1 Jalan SS21/58, Petaling Jaya, 47400 Selangor, Malaysia, and is the operator of the MMT Platform, and includes (if any) its head office, representative and branch offices, any related company or associated company, in any jurisdiction;
means MoneyMatch Transfer, the web-based communication platform at http://transfer.moneymatch.co and its related “MoneyMatch” mobile applications, related databases and supporting software operated by MM to which the Users are entitled to gain access, but excluding equipment, software and telecommunication configurations or links belonging to MM, the Users or any third party;
means Malaysian Ringgit, the lawful currency of Malaysia;
means MM and the User, and “Party” means any one of them;
means Singapore Dollars, the lawful currency of Singapore;
means any person who is a registered user of the MMT Platform, whether active, semi-active or inactive user, and “Users” means any two or more of them.
- References to statutory provisions shall be construed as references to those provisions as amended or re-enacted or as their application is modified by other provisions (whether before, on or after the date hereof) from time to time and shall include any provisions of which there are re-enactments (whether with or without modification).
- References herein to Clauses and Schedules are to clauses in and schedules to these Terms and Conditions unless the context requires otherwise and the Schedules to these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The expressions "MM" and "User" shall, where the context permits, include their respective successors, personal representatives and permitted assigns.
- Unless the context requires otherwise, words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa and words importing a gender include every gender.
- Where a word or phrase is given a defined meaning in these Terms and Conditions any other part of speech or other grammatical form in respect of such word or phrase has a corresponding meaning.
- Any reference to “these Terms and Conditions” is a reference to these MMT Platform Terms and Conditions (including the schedules) and any written amendments, supplementals or novations of these Terms and Conditions from time to time, and includes a reference to any document which amends, waives, is supplemental to or novates the terms of these Terms and Conditions
- Any reference to “writing”, or cognate expressions, includes any communication effected via the MMT Platform, electronic mail, telex, cable, facsimile transmission or other comparable means but shall not include short messaging services, instant messaging services or internet chat.
- Any reference to a “day”, “week”, “month” or “year” is to that day, week, month or year in accordance with the Gregorian calendar.
- If any period of time is specified from a given day, or the day of a given act or event, it is to be calculated exclusive of that day and if any period of time falls on a day which is not a Business Day, then that period is to be deemed to only expire on the next Business Day.
- Any discount or fee under these Terms and Conditions shall accrue daily, calculated according to the number of days elapsed and a year of 365 days. Any reference to a ‘month’ shall be taken to refer to a calendar month. For the avoidance of doubt, any payment from MM to the Users under these Terms and Conditions shall be without any interest.
- All transactions and payments must be completed and cleared or received during the normal business hours of MM (09.00 to 17.00 local time in Kuala Lumpur) on a Business Day. Where a transaction is confirmed through the MMT Platform after the close of business hours on one Business Day, then that transaction will be confirmed and deemed to have become final and binding at the opening of business hours on the next Business Day.